Soooo last week was AWESOME. I got to learn about everything retail travel A.K.A my dream job A.K.A the business of making dreams come true!
I've always said that if there was one way I could be of service to the world and make it better, it would be to gift everybody a transformational adventure overseas! Preferably with moi, because everybody needs a goofy New Zealander as their travel buddy!
I have a feeling most of you will probably think travel agent when you hear the word retail travel, but there's so much more beyond a travel agent role that makes me feel like a kid in a candy shop. Such as..
- Travel Consulting: Where you advise people of the best places to travel, what time of year, what to do etc.
- Corporate Travel: Where you deal with VIP clients like celebs, politicians & sports stars and creating their itinerary's and booking their flights etc.
- Leisure Travel: Finding the best attractions, activities, tours and more for clients.
- Exchange Travel Agent: Dealing with people who want to do an exchange in a different country for a few months to a year.
- and my two absolute favourites..
- Wholesale Travel: You create holiday packages for travel agents to sell as well as know the best deals you also find the best deals.
- Product Sourcing: The ultimate dream job where you literally travel to different countries testing out hotels, attractions, tours, the works and negotiate deals with the companies to sell their products. Heaven.
I can't help but imagine the dreams I'll be a part of making come true for someone. This is SUCH an exciting industry! Ever thought of pursuing a career in the travel industry?