It's Friday morning, I'm at work an hour and a half early and I'm writing this post on my iPhone. "Who would go to work an hour and a half early on a Friday!?" you ask. Someone who moved into her new house (with her boyfriend) without a working shower and no internet, THAT'S WHO!!
ANYWAY. I think it's vitally important we talk about blogging in terms of using one to grow your business. I mean, how do you even create a blog? Seriously. If you're brand new to this industry, where do you even begin?
There are some incredible articles, posts and guides out there that explain everything from starting to designing to writng and even making money. But how do you know where to look if you don't even really know what blogging is?
You come to me. That's what you do.
Below are links to some of the people who've taught me everything I know about blogging and business, and if I was starting out I'd want to find a resource like this.
Getting started, designing your blog & making the moolah!
- How To Start A Blog You Love: Yup, I wrote that. BOOM!
- Blog Loving: When I had my blogger training wheels, my go to girl for blog advice was Elsie Larson of A Beautiful Mess. I read her 5 tips for bloggers + start your blog with a bang + Blog Love eCourse and gobbled them up like lollipops.
- 10 Blog Tips: This babe wrote the Blog On, Babe series that I just couldn't get enough of. Fellow kiwi (woohoo!) Gala Darling wrote these beautifully written visual posts for budding bloggers like you and me. :)
- Lifestyle Blog Dreams: My faaaaave blogger Rosie who IS The Londoner came out with a post (lifestyle blogging 101) on how she built her little lifestyle blog to an audience of 2 million per month in less than 2 years. Yeah, I was pretty inspired!
- Crazy Blog Life: Oh yeah, when most people start their blogs they have jobs, commitments and like you know, a life! It can be chaotic trying to juggle life + a blog. Kinsey Mhire wrote an awesome-o-3000 post on productivity with her 5 tips for blogging on a busy schedule.
- Blog Design 101: If you're a bit confused on how to make your blog more attractive, I got some quick tips for ya!
- Food Bloggies: Pinch of Yum does this awesome thing once a month where they blog about making money from their food blog, their income they made & how they made it. They made $21.97 in their first month and most recently they made $17,735.97 in one month!!
- The Skinny on Blogging: Even my girl Lauren over at The Skinny Confidential says how important it is to be yourself when blogging. And she was meticulous when she was starting out!
- Kick-Ass Inspiration: Gary Vaynerchuk is one crazy ass mofo who just happened to give this awesome talk on branding in blogging. I think you'll love it.
- Legendary Blog Advice: From no one other than the incredible Tim Ferriss. You wanna know how to build a high traffic blog? Make sure you set aside an hour or so!
- Have Fun, Don't Suck: Man vs. Debt taught me how not to suck at blogging, it's a damn good read! Especially if you don't wanna suck.... :S
- Bringing Home The Bacon: At some point I'm sure you're gonna be wanting make money from your baby (not a real baby, your blog baby). Steve Pavlina wrote a SENSATIONAL article that you'll LOVE on how to make money from your blog he explains exactly how he makes money and all the ways you can do the same with your own blog (and holy crap is it a looong ass post).
- Overnight Success! Chris Guillebeau wrote a free downloadable guide on creating a successful blog in less than a year. He did it himself and he's just an all around great guy. C'mon it's free, what else do ya want!? ;)
- Marie Forleo: Marie is my go-to woman for serious biz advice. Her video's are in-depth and super actionable.
- Sarah von Bargen: I only recently discovered this incredible lass. Her biz & blogging advice is a breathe of fresh air and her personality shines through her writing. If you like me, you'll LOVE her! :)
- Problogger: Yup, probably the best place to start when you want legit blogging tips. Make sure you bookmark these guys because they'll be your go-to resource for years!
- Nathalie Lussier: This girl is as sweet as a button! I love her vids & even her sign up is awesome.